Monday, August 26, 2013

Where are You Mojo?

Hello Bloggy friends!  It's been a while since I have been here so I figured that I would pop in with an update now that summer is coming to a close.  This has not been my favourite summer in history.  I guess the dislocated elbow set the tone in motion.  I am still in physio but I think I might be breaking up with my "physio boyfriend", as Rob calls him, this week.    Our twice weekly afternoon meetings now run for 1.5 hours as he adds more and more "weight bearing" exercises.  My arms haven't looked this good since my days of toting babies around all day.  The Bionic Woman has nothing on me!  LOL

This summer also brought dental surgery with a few complications including missing a tooth in the front of my mouth for a one month period.  I got really good at not smiling with my mouth opened and I think that Rob just may have been enjoying the silence as I chatted less while out and about,  ;)  Then for my 49th birthday I got shingles.  It was a good case of shingles though, if there is such a thing.  Not painful as you hear of how some suffer through them.  So, I basically have been living the life of a 95 year old for the past few months between afternoon physio with seniors, a somewhat toothless smile and my shingles rash!   But, enough whining.  As the saying goes, "this too shall pass" and it is time for new beginnings!  Yay!!

I can feel Fall in the air in my neck of the woods.  Nights are getting darker a little quicker and mornings have that slight chill in the air.  Colourful annuals have gone past their prime and are fading.


 Foliage is looking just a little bit less green and some trees are actually getting patches of yellow leaves.


The arrival of this new season excites me.  Something about crisp cool days and that awesome orangey glow that the sun has,  seems to make this my favourite season.  Fall approaching makes me want to make apple crisp and bake muffins.    Not that I have actually entered the kitchen to do these things.  ;)  The thought of Fall makes me long to go to the mountains and see the foliage.  I think a trip to Banff to relax is in order very soon.   Finally, with Fall comes routine and I am one who thrives on routine.  Somehow, it just feels like I should be blogging.

 I'm still looking for my scrappy mojo.  It is just nowhere to be found.  MIA if you will.  It has never left me for this long before.  :(  I have taken steps to recover it.  I have enrolled in Christine Middlecamp's Layer by Layer class.  ( More details on this soon.)   So far I have made this.



I have bought a  few new pieces for the studio and am planning a total reorganization where I will maximize storage and complete my turquoise decor.  So far, I only think about how I should set things up, at bedtime, and then I can't sleep.  LOL



And yes, I even slipped back into my old ways of going to the LSS and buying stuff!  Boo!!!  I have to declare the No Buy Challenge a failure as of August.  (More details on this soon.)  And yes, all of the supplies are still sitting in their original bags untouched.


I have been creative though!  I am stuck in another knitting vortex.  A happy spot that I am not quite ready to be spit out of,  as of yet.  It all started with a set of 18 new dishcloths for Diane for when she moves in with her boyfriend Eric, next month.  This lead to woolies.  Something about knitting woolies to prepare for the long Canadian winter makes me feel like a happy pioneer woman of days gone by.... minus the apple crisp and muffins of course.  ;)

I've been making these thick, cozy cowls in a roving yarn for Diane and friends of Diane and Lisa.  The gold and teal ones are 100% wool.  Yummy!


This scarf is for me!  I fell in love with the purple in this variegated yarn.  The colour name is "watercolour" and it makes me think of a Monet painting.  I just may make myself a matching pair of mittens too.


Now I am working on this textured scarf for Diane.  I love this pattern.  I have plans to knit one up for her girlfriend as well,  with matching mittens for both of course.  {As I do each Fall, I tried to convince Lisa that she would love some new woolies but she still declares that she just doesn't like woolies.}



And if I am not too tired with this pattern by then,  I'll knit one up for me in this amazing gold wool that I found on sale at Michael's for $3 a ball!


As much as my break from blogging did not help my mojo to return,  a break from it this summer felt right.  But, in the end, I realize that I miss the process of writing and recording the simple, uncomplicated, light and happy everyday things that really are the heart of my life even if many of them are not scrapbook related.    I miss not having my camera out, ready to capture that next photo for an upcoming blog post.  And so.... I blog on.  :)

Jen

6 comments:

  1. Oh I have to say, I love to see all of your knitting. The purple and green one is so pretty. Things are starting to brown down here, but it has nothing to do with cooler temps. It is actually the opposite. High temps and lack of rain is drying things up and fast! I love your scrappy finds. The cart and drawers are very nice. I see the new machine hiding behind the cricut too. ;)

    Sitting here in the Dells. The Water park capital, as they say. A good first day today. Hard being the only adult here with three kids (Brit brought a friend) to try and get photos. I told her she and her friend need to take Ben on the lazy river together so I can get a few photos. We were going to to to the Tommy Bartlett water show (water skiing acrobatics), but they found a workout room in our building and decided to go run on the treadmill and elliptical. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Nothing lasts forever" my Grandpa used to say, and I certainly hope that you are at the end of the bad stuff! September always feels like a time of new beginngs and like you I love to think about starting some knitting in a pioneer spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you posting. Would love to see a photo of you with your superwoman arms;-) I am sure you will find the moyo again soon and an online class can only jumpstart you to good things. Love the colour of you scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad to see you back in blogging land...sorry to hear about your arm hope its better soon for you so you can get back into scrapping ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very excited to see your post this morning. Missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, here's hoping the turn of the season brings about a turn of your luck. And a knitting vortex doesn't sound like a bad place to spend time until your mojo comes back knocking at your door, begging your forgiveness. Take care and craft on!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...