Saturday, September 21, 2013

Are You There Mojo? It's me, Jennifer.

I'm happy to say that yesterday I scrapped!  I think it has been about 2 months since my last page.  This is my longest break since 2009 when I discovered sketches and became a "hardcore scrapper".  LOL

So what brought about this sudden urge to return to the studio?  I would have to say that it was a combination of things;  working on my album class with Susan, wanting to use my sale stash of Studio Calico "Atlantic", wanting to splatter some more Heidi Swapp gold Color Shine, Creative Scrappers returning with sketches and of course.... Jack.

Yes, it seems weird that my newest fur grandbaby is what I am most wanting to document when, after all, there are people in my life too.  But, truth be known, my daughters tend to get snarky when I ask to take their photos.  Oh, their hair isn't right that day, they didn't put on make-up or even, "Mom, no.  I look like _____."   I have long lived by the motto of choosing my battles with my girls.  There will be no drama over things that in the long run, really don't matter a bit.  And so, this Mama has just plain given up.  In years to come when there are beautiful albums documenting the every event of animals long gone, and the girls ask where the photos are of them, oh, I'll have my answer ready.  ;)

So, here is "Meet Jack".


A simple page with some Christine Middlecamp influences of gold splatters, gold pen work, inking in Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and using branding strips for borders.




This sheet from the "Atlantic" collection


lent itself well to this week's sketch at Creative Scrappers.


On a side note, this template, available at Michael's and probably Staples too, makes adding pen worked circles to a page, a snap.  I learned of it on Christine Middlecamp's blog and it is a great investment for anyone who is into circles and is afraid to doodle.... like me.


Rob thinks that the background paper for this LO should have been blue, after all, Jack is a boy.  But... I'm pretty sure that Jack is very secure in his masculinity and wouldn't mind the pink background.  ;)

Well, let's hope that it won't take me 2 more months to produce another LO.  I think that the mojo just may have returned.  :)

Jen


7 comments:

  1. Looks great. love the circles and Jack looks like a willing photography model! Look forward to seeing more of him!
    My family does not want their pictures on the internet so I figured out a new trick If we are at the beach or sightseeing, I have to be sure to take photos of the back of them walking ahead of me or away from me. Then I am going to use those on my layouts and can finally shoe scrapbook pages on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you posting layouts again, Jennifer!! Such an awesome use of the CS sketch and the Atlantic paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it, Jennifer!!! He is such a cutie! Great take on the sketch, too! So glad you are scrapping again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is beautiful. You're back with a bang and I am sure the inspiration will flow from here on in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is safe to say, it didn't take you 2 months to produce more pages after this one. LOL I spotted your recent post first. :) This is such a neat page. I love all of the circles. It will be fun seeing all the adventures of Jack... and Greg is jealous. LOL He wants an Aussie shepherd so bad! LOL Another bout of looking at the ads in the paper last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you spotted that the sketch and the paper went together and worked with that. Very clever! It's great to see you back scrapping again. I spotted your more recent post first too and totally agree - the recent TC collections have been lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got your mojo back! This is an awesome layout to start back with, I love your take on the sketch! Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...