Sunday, September 29, 2013

Feeling Vintage....

...but in a good way!  LOL  After using bright colours and graphic designs, it was a welcome change to use a soft monochromatic palette with a vintage vibe.  I found the Pink Paislee "Hope Chest" paper line at HomeSense for a steal! (Can't beat 24 double sided sheets for $5.99!  I have to say that this bargain put a smile on my face.)  To it I added some die cuts from the Crate "The Pier" collection, as well as some bits and pieces that I had on hand from an old tag making kit purchased at my LSS last year.  Making tags is not really my thing.  ;)  I love this photo of two of my nephews together.  It is hard to believe that Matt and Thomas are cousins because they are 20 years apart in age.  I love the smile on Thomas's face.  He just looks so happy!


I even shocked myself using ribbon on my page.  ;)  Bows are in!


I loved the juvenile images in this collection.




No sketch used for this page.  Just a mish mash of layers.  The green ledger paper at the top of the page is actual ledger paper taken from an old book we found amongst my FIL's belongings after his passing. It is always fun to use actual ephemera.

Thanks for popping in and wishing you all a crafty day!

Jen

6 comments:

  1. Love the Vintage feel of this page Jennifer, with the Sepia photo! Lots of great embellishing and I love the touch of the Gold bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice collage of papers and elements and great subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those gorgeous pops of gold are exquisite Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The bow looks great and I love those gold sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..and a beautiful bow it is too. I love the pops of colour on this softly beautiful vintage page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beyond gorgeous. I love the gold touches.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...