Monday, September 16, 2013

I Love Gold

I have a love affair with the colour gold.  It all started in 2005 when we painted our kitchen in our last house, gold.  Oh how I loved that room.  I still miss walking into that sunny warm room.  Since then I seem to be on a mission to put a touch of gold in every room.  It really is a neutral colour.

I have gold candles,


and gold vases,


and gold wall decor, to name a few.


This love of gold also spills over into yarn choice!   I finally finished the gold scarf!




A pair of mittens to match is next on the knitting list!

And one of the best gold things around here was a few weeks ago when this Golden Finch couple dropped by for a quick snack!


Oh that male looks so much more beautiful that his mate.  I know it is nature's way of keeping the female and babies safe as they blend into nature much better, but it just somehow seems unfair.  ;)

Have a golden day!

Jen





2 comments:

  1. Oooo, isn't gold just such a glamorous colour?! Love how you've added all the little touches throughout your house and your gold scarf is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your home decor. It does look very warm and inviting. Love your bird photos. I will do a photo post tomorrow with photos of our 15 Weaver families.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...