Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Last Night....

Rob and I went to see The Eagles in concert.

It was a bit of a dream come true.  After all, we were both teenagers in the 70's and neither of us had ever seen them in concert.  We both grew up in Montreal.  All of the big groups came and performed there.  I didn't see too many shows.  They seemed pricey back then at $10 - $15 a ticket, when babysitting paid around $1 to $1.25 an hour.    Robert on the other hand saw so many concerts.  He earned money mowing lawns and shovelling heavy wet Montreal snow.   Okay, so maybe he worked harder than I did.  But I digress.  Somehow,  he missed seeing The Eagles.  

When the tickets came on sale for a $149 a seat (and not a great seat at that), I was torn.  That is a lot of money for a show.  We discussed it and decided that The Eagles weren't getting any younger and neither were we, so we had better go while we had the chance.

I have to say that there is something fun about hanging out with your own peer group, even if they are all in their 50's!  LOL  I  had so much fun people watching.  I tried imagining what these people looked like as teenagers back in the 70's.  Some of us wore our most flared jeans and blouses that most resembled ones that were quite popular back in the day.  ;)   Hey what can I say, being a teenager in the 70's was the best so it is hard to leave those fashions totally behind.

We had a bit of confusion as to when the concert really was.  Since getting the tickets, months ago, Rob told me that it was on Tuesday, September 10th.  Luckily he realized a few days ago that he had it wrong and it was on Monday, September 9th.  Phew!  That was close.  Next Rob told me that the concert started at 7:30 pm.  Rob likes to be really early to all concerts so he insisted that we leave on the early side.  It is a bit of a rough spot between the two of us.  I hate sitting there for so long waiting for a show to start!  I once got dragged 1.5 hours before show time.  :(   Needless to say, we arrived to the building before the outer doors were even opened.  It seemed weird to me that only half the building had filled up when it was already 7:30 pm and the concert should be starting any minute.  Wrong!  I checked the tickets and it didn't start until 8:00 pm!  Urghhhh  Next time I am in charge of reading the tickets and marking it in the calendar.  ;)

So what to do as we sat there for about an hour waiting.  Well, I noticed other couples around us taking amazing photos of themselves at the concert.  They made it look so easy.  Just whip out the phone, move heads close together and voila an amazing photo!  That's when I suggested to Rob that we get a quick photo of us together so I could scrap the memory of the concert.  Well, this is a harder task than it appears to be.  The angle is hard to achieve.  Get it wrong and you can be looking up nostrils or chins can look largely out of proportion.  Here's proof.  Scary!



Here's our best shots....

Here we are laughing because we know how dorky we look trying to get this photo.  


And.... it is blurry.

So Rob got really serious trying to get the perfect shot.  Look at the concentration on his face.  Such a natural photo.... NOT!


Now what is he looking at?


After this we gave up on the idea.  Besides the first blurry photo makes me laugh, so it may be scrapped.  Yes we are just that cool.  ;)

Anyway, the concert was amazing.  They played for 2.5 hours and even gave us a 15 minute intermission.  I guess bathroom breaks could be needed for the older crowd.  Ha!  I am grateful that we finally got to see one of our favourite groups from back in the 70's and we saw them for the first time together.

Jen


4 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! You should scrap all those photos on one page and tell the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo!!! I love the Eagles. I have a CD or two of them. Ok.. I had to go look. I have one CD - their Greatest Hits, Vol. 2. :) I am glad you had a good time!!! I am sure it was worth the $149/ticket!! Yes!! Scrap all of those photos together. They really do make a great story, like Susan says. Now, that I dug out my CD, I am going to pop it in the CD player in the van and drive the kids nuts when I pick them up from school. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing those smiling faces..no doubt about the fun you had! My sister and I weren't allowed to go to concerts when we were teenagers, so we have been doing a bit of catching up lately too. I know what you mean about watching everyone the same age enjoying themselves

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. I wouldn't mind going down memory lane. You should have asked somebody to snap the two of you. I love the blurry one though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...