Monday, September 23, 2013

Teresa Collins Love

So I have to admit that the Teresa Collins "Family Memories" collections was one of those lines that had me wanting to keep scrapping it until there was nothing left to scrap.  Being the heavy paper consumer that I am, I was running low on paper when there were still so many bits and pieces from the collection to be used.  A quick trip to the LSS to grab a few more sheets from the line made it possible to get a third LO from the kit.  The collection has been reduced to a pile of scraps that just might serve Susan well in producing a LO for her Project 365 album.  There is an awesome set of day of the week labels begging to find a home and lots of little flat tags and labels.

Not sure how many of you remember that old song from the 70's by The Orleans called " Still the One".  I have always loved this upbeat song about a love that has stood the test of time.  It was 31 years ago, this week, that Rob asked me to be his girlfriend.  I figured it was time to do another mushy love LO for the Big Guy.  (I think I actually missed my annual Valentine LO in 2013.)  The lyrics from this song gave me a good title and some journaling too.





You may have spied some black splatters.  I know it is shocking since I am usually afraid of wet medium.  It is Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Black Velvet.  I'm loving it!

Here is the sketch I used.  I think it is safe to say that it is a Studio Calico sketch but I can't be 100% sure.  



I'll leave you with a little peek at my newest knitting project.  Coral coloured mittens using some Martha Stewart merino wool.  There might just be a cowl and scarf to go with.


Jen

5 comments:

  1. Great use of the Teresa Collins, Jennifer!! And I love that you added the little splatters of Color Shine! I used to be terrified of mist on my layouts, but I love using it now! And I love how you incorporated the song into your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layout but love even more what it commemorates. 31 years! That is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am gushing over those pops of orange ...seriously love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous layout of your big guy. Such sweet journaling. We are so blessed to have find keepers so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your Teresa Collins layout!! I bought the collection but haven't had the time to use it ... Now I think I'm going to put it up on my desk so I see it every day and will actually use it! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...