Friday, October 18, 2013

A Summer Mini Album

Susan and I got together one day this week to finally finish our mini album made from Christine Middlecamp's Layer by Layer class.  The class ran the month of August, but it was a busy summer and many crafty days were cancelled along the way.  Feels great to finally have this gem completed.



Christine Middlecamp is the queen of layers.  Look at all of this paper goodness!


Since the album was a summer theme and I needed small photos, I turned to my old photo box of photos dated 1993 ~ 1997.  The girlies were little then.  I looked for cute snapshots that I could crop down.  Why is it the so many of my pre-digital photos have very tiny images of people and lots of background!  These poor photography skills payed off for the needs of this mini.

Playing with the gold gel pen here.  (Feel free to mock my 90's fashion choices here and apparently "safety first" was not our priority.  Look at those wobbly helmets on the girls!)



Using a photo transparency.



Making a flower.



Making a banner, stamping and using Stickles!



Drawing borders with white gel pen.



Using glitter tape and a hand drawn grid!



Sloppy cutting and painting with acrylic gold!  My favourite page.  :)



Three tiny cameras all in a row.



Fun with tags.



Flowers and rhinestones.



It was such a fun project and I was truly sad to see it come to an end.  While my mini album mojo is at a premium I am planning my next one, hoping to incorporate some of the techniques I have learned.  I have selected more photos of the girlies using a "sisters" theme.  I will be using the new Maggie Holmes line from Crate "Flea Market".  I have sketched out some plans based on this album and some using ideas from the designers on the Crate blog.  I know that I won't get my layering as detailed as Christine.  My mind just doesn't work that way.  I am however hoping to find my own mini album style.

Oh, and some new yarn is awaiting me too. A new winter jacket purchase calls for some new mittens!


Thanks for stopping by.  Wishing you all a wonderful weekend with the ones you love.

Jen

9 comments:

  1. what a labour of love this must have been for you, its just beautiful Jennifer, the layers and colours and embellies are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out beautifully, Jen!!! Everything is just wonderful!! I can't wait to see this next one. I love the new yarn too.. such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The album looks great, Jen. I still have to do the journaling in mine. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your "Sisters" album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoi hoi
    Love your blog, super layouts and your album looks great.
    I put your blog in my list of favorits.
    My english is not so good sorry for this.
    Have a nice weekend
    Groetjes thamar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your album looks amazing Jennifer!! Love the smaller photos with all of those fun layers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mini album is gorgeous...and so ideal for the older photos. I love all the layering and the splashes of gold. You are back!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! so many fabulous techniques in there, it's a feast for the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your album. One of these days I'm going to have to try an over-the-top use of product on one. Yours looks so inviting - I just want to pick it up and look at every single detail. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so full of colour and buzzing with energy - I see what you mean about the layers ... You have created something very special here with lots of techniques. Settling into some autumn knitting sounds gentle and nurturing :).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...