Monday, October 28, 2013

Catching Up

It's one of those days ... a catch up day.  When I worked in an elementary school years ago, I remember how some teachers would occasionally have what they called "Catch Up Day".  It was a day where things were finished up,  tiny details attended to and organization for the next phase was done.  Well for me, it is not quite about this.  It is more of a "I don't feel like cleaning my messy house, so what else can I do and still feel somewhat productive?"  ;)

Laundry is in the process and crafty "stuff" that has been lurking on the main level has been put away in the studio.   Then I remembered the Fall jacket that is missing buttons and the good flannel nightshirts whose wooden buttons cracked after repeated washing.  So off to the fabric store I went and arrived home with these!


Then I remembered that LO done in early October that never made it to the blog.  My friend's children when her daughter was a newborn.  I love this photo of proud big brother.


I was lucky enough to come upon an assortment of BG embellishments from the Mint Julep collection at HomeSense.  They were a steal at $5.99 for a pack of three.  So I picked up a few sheets of paper from the line at my LSS and was ready to create.





Here's the sketch I used from Page Maps.


Well, it's time to get out my sewing threads and begin sewing on buttons!  And just so I feel organized, I have assigned a special notebook to make a list of all of the little things I need to get done around here in order to catch up.  Catching up is always such a great feeling.  :)


Thanks for stopping by.

Jen

7 comments:

  1. I think we all definitely need those catch up days!! :) I love your sweet page, Jennifer. The colors are so pretty and I love diagonal design with the circle shapes and embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to always be "catching up" ;-P Love your page Jennifer. Such a sweet photo and the flow of your layout is gorgeous. Love those little wooden stars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hoi hoi

    love it, super layout.

    gr Thamar

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely catch up. I do like a day when I can get lots of little projects done. Today I'm running round trying to get a few things done before Little E comes round to play. Maybe I'll have a few new stories to tell before the day is out :) I love your choice of that Mint Julep. I've been using it for photos of our Scandinavian trip and it's a good match

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am really missing your gorgeous scrapbooking projects Jennifer! This one is beautiful!! Such a sweet photo and love all the little details.
    Thank you so much for all the blog love my friend. It made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this layout!! It's so cute, with the sweet photo and the warm colors. Loving all the buttons! (I think I have those BG embellies too, but where?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! This LO is really awesome!! I love it! And the little flair button is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...