Thursday, October 31, 2013

Waiting for Ghosts & Goblins

In just a few short hours the sounds of "Trick or Treat" will be ringing through the neighbourhood.  Back in Montreal where I grew up, we rang the doorbell.  The tradition is different in the west.  They holler as they come up the path.  You can hear them through the door and closed windows.  I quite like it!

I think we are ready.  The blow up pumpkin has been erected on the front lawn.  We finally gave into this kitchy kind of decor.  A last minute purchase that had us buying the floor model at Wal-Mart.  I have to say that it looks pretty awesome when it is all lit up at night and the cat's head even rotates back and forth.


Tacky window clings have been applied to the front door at the perfect eye level of little trick or treaters.


Goody bags are ready for fast and efficient passing out.


A box of chips is on stand by incase we get more visitors than we anticipate.  It is warm and mild despite a strong and somewhat spooky howling wind.


And... a last minute trip to Michael's found a huge 80% off sale which allowed me to pick up all of these goodies for under $7!


What kid doesn't want a pair of freaky glasses, or a monster finger puppet?


The witch fingers are my favourite!


All that's left to do is plug in the plastic pumpkin.  Yes, my pumpkin carving days are over.  I seem to have gotten lazy.  ;)  Most importantly, this year I'm going to try to hand out all of the treats solo.  I usually jam out about three trips to the door in,  so this year it's my turn and the Big Guy gets to relax in his recliner.

I'll leave you with a few photos of Little Tom enjoying the Halloween goodies I sent home with his mom and dad.  Tonight he is Spiderman!  :)





Wishing you all a Happy Halloween!!

Jen


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! What happened to the baby?? He grew up!!! Your trick or treaters will love visiting your place!! :) We are like the Krank's this year, in Christmas with the Kranks. Instead of skipping Christmas, we are skipping Halloween. LOL Too much going on!!! Ben has a cold and it is drizzly and cold out. He doesn't need to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a huge stash of treats :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was a kid in your neighbourhood! I'm sure they had loads of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like sooo much fun! How I wish we would do this too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...