Monday, December 30, 2013

Top 10 in 2013

Another year is soon coming to an end.   A new year is upon us and with it comes the promise of new beginnings.  On reflection,  2013 was a year of loss and some challenges too.  It was also a year that held precious time with family,  love, laughs and lots to be grateful for.

On the scrappy front, I didn't accomplish as much as I normally do.  I am actually feeling the thrill of scrapping returning.  I am looking forward to some cold winter days where I can hide away in the studio and play with paper.  Time to start getting some memories recorded and those albums filled up.

Here are my 10 favourite pages created in 2013 in no particular order.











I only have one resolution this year.  I shy away from making them usually as I feel that I am usually setting myself up for failure.  But, this year I want to return to my kitchen.  Rob has been chief cook for the past couple of years and has tired of it.  I am looking forward to getting us on a more routined meal schedule.  Time to get back to preparing some favourite recipes and comfort food like muffins and soup!  So you just might see a few posts here on what's cooking.  Blogging about my creativity (or lack of) in the kitchen may help to keep me somewhat motivated.  

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year with all good things in 2014!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. Love your Top 10 choices, Jennifer!! That first layout is amazing...I don't remember seeing that one, but I love it! And if you are looking for some easy recipes to check out, and work your way back into the kitchen, Pinterest has a ton and most of them are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good resolution that is! It's fun to cook for 2, in small portions one can afford to get little bits of this and that and try neat new things. The cooking magazines are still in print too (unlike the scrapbook magazines). Take pictures and post your creations! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning year you have had scrapping wise, these layouts are fabulous . Great choices Jennifer, happiest new year to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful top 10 Jennifer. Today I want to thank you for your friendship and encouragement these past few years. Wishing you and Rob a fantastic 2014 filled with peace, joy and love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love them all Jennifer but the first one is just stunning!! Fabulous photo & the color scheme is just perfect :) I too would love to get in my kitchen in the new year - I have certainly been a slacker in 2013 :) Happy New Years!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all fabulous - you use product so skillfully. I often feel like I should return to the kitchen, but luckily the feeling passes. I did quite enjoy the uptick in cooking for the holidays though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all fabulous. Perfect design and use of embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...