Sunday, January 12, 2014

Beyond Paper Hoarding

It is well known around here that I love paper and tend to hoard it.  I think this is true of most of us scrappers.  There is another crafty supply that I hoard, as well..... yarn.  I love buying yarn.  Each week I check out Michael's to see if there is any good yarn at great prices.  Anytime I'm in the store, I look to see if there are any yarns being discontinued and put on clearance.  This habit of mine has led to a surplus of yarn.

It's kept here, on the top shelf of the closet in the studio.


Look to the left and there's more.


Look to the right and there's more.


It's a good thing that I have started knitting my hats for donation again.  It's time to put a dent in the supply.  As it is my goal to knit an equal amount of hats for girls and boys here is my first set.

Four hats for girls...


and four hats for boys.


It feels really good to be knitting for children in need again.

Thanks for stopping by.

Jen

6 comments:

  1. Your wool supply is stored in exactly the same way as my Mum had hers. I could be reaching into the wardrobe "at home" looking at that! I love the girl hats, but there is something particularly smart about those boy ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love your hats! You will be a blessing to many kids for sure. God bless you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Jennifer...and a wonderful way of staying warm too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to hoard fabrics in big plastic containers when I still used to sew a lot! I gave most of it away but still got a few containers with the ones I just can't seem to part with. Your hats look gorgeous. Such a great idea of using up your yarn this way. :) I love knitting in front of the TV during the winter months, but sadly have not had much time for that lately either.
    Wishing you wonderful 2014 Jennifer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hats, Jennifer ! I'm sure the boys and girls who will get them will love them as well :-)

    Can I ask what pattern you are using. Are they knit on straight or circular needles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacynthe, The pattern is from a book of my mother's. It is knit on circular needles and then a switch to DPN's for the decrease. Feel free to email me at shawja417@gmail.com if you would like me to scan the pattern and send it to you. :) It is a super fun and easy hat to make.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...