Sunday, January 5, 2014

This & That

I haven't posted for awhile and figured I would pop in and say hello!  There hasn't been much going on around here lately.  Rob has been off for the holidays and returns to work tomorrow.  We have been taking it easy... watching lots of football and hours of exciting shows like Pawn Stars. ;)  All kidding aside, it has been a nice break.

There isn't anything scrappy going on other than landing a few good sales both at my local LSS and an online store in eastern Canada.  Got to love it when you can pick things up at 30% and 40% off!  I have also been watching out for some Winter CHA reveals.  Looks like some fun lines coming our way from Studio Calico and American Crafts.  The Crate lines have left me a bit flat.  There are two lovely lines coming out that I just won't have a use for as one is a boy line and one is a girl line.  The new Maggie Holmes line is stunning, but I have the last two and they end up looking quite similar eventually.  :(   I'm hoping to get the mojo going in the studio very soon.  I have saved some amazing sketches that I am looking forward to giving a go.  I'm also planning a reorganization and purge.

On the knitting front, I have decided that it is time to start knitting for charity once again.


A news feature before Christmas,  on an inner city school in Edmonton,  has me realizing that there is lots of need for woolies.  I have a new hat pattern that I want to try out, but for now I am using up yarn scraps to make my favourite hat pattern.  This time round I am vowing to make equal masculine hats as girly hats.  I tend to make more suited to little girls.  Partly this comes from having had girls and partly, I just like the bright colours of the girly yarn.

I have also started knitting myself a whole new set of dishcloths for my kitchen.  No colour this time.  They will all be very neutral.

I have been getting my creative fix by doing a little bit of embellishing of the home.  Our den has been a bit ignored, as it is rarely occupied, other than the dogs sleeping in it in their kennels.  I found this sign at Urban Barn and loved the sentiment.  Words to live by.


Diane and I worked at giving this antique table that belonged to Rob's grandmother, the decorative respect it deserves.  We think it is beautiful.  Rob says it is "cluttered".  We win!!  Poor Rob.... I guess I just took over yet another room in the house.  ;)


And other than trying to stay warm in -30c temperatures,  that is all that is new in the zoo around here.   I hope that your New Year has gotten off to a good start!

Jen


5 comments:

  1. Your den looks wonderful. LOL to Rob being outnumbered. You will have to pass on to him that Greg can relate to his dilemma. LOL

    The kids are lucky to have some new woolies. I know first hand your knitted pieces are wonderful. ;)

    Stay warm!! It is just as cold down here. The actual temps are to hit -20F to -25F with a windchill factor of -60F. School is closed for tomorrow due to extreme windchills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys are staying cozy and warm. Went out today after being cooped up for awhile and it was nasty. Had to go out cause I am going to hop on the Project Life bandwagon and wanted to get the perfect storage for the sets of cards I have picked up from Michaels with my 50% off coupons! Ended up with cute baskets from the Dollar Store - yeah! Hope you have a great new year. t

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks all warm and cozy. I haven't had time to check out the CHA sneak peeks yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice catch up! I'll be looking out to see if you do a CHA Picks post..because I always love what you choose. I agree about the Crate Paper I've seen so far and what I'd really love is for OA to finally release their Public Library collection. I've been waiting months for that.

    Love the look of that wool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear about what's going on there. I like that sign a lot. And I like fiddling with my home decor a little too after putting the Christmas decorations away. Of course, some of that is necessitating by me not being able to remember where things usually go. On the CHA peeks, it all looks pretty and colorful and wonderful, but like you said it has all been done before. I'm going to save some cash this time around I think and not pick up anything until it is all clearanced in 6 months. It's not like I will run out of stuff in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...