Monday, February 3, 2014

Done!

This afternoon I weaved in the last ends on my afghan and can officially declare this project done.   Here it is.


And a close up.


It is the perfect size to hang on the back of a sofa ready for snuggling under while watching T.V.  It's new home is in the basement but I took the photo upstairs for better light.


So if you look closely enough you may have noticed that in the end I did end up with two cream coloured squared together.  Urghhh!  I only noticed while doing my last bit of joining.  I could have gone back and moved things around but decided to leave it as is.  It is a good reminder that this was a learning project.  Trust me, if you look close enough there are plenty of little mistakes.  But as Susan says, in the end it all meshes together and looks fine.  I am also not thrilled that my border colour is the same colour as some of my squares.  The border got lost when a cream coloured square was on the outside edge. Oh well.  I will take the things I learned from this one and apply them to the next.

This afghan is going to Lisa.  She loves vibrant colours and will surely love this combination.


I may or may not add in two more colours for a total of eight.


Each square will be bordered with white so that when I join this one, there will be no stitches showing.


I have also already planned out its size of 11 squares x 8 squares.  These squares will be one round larger than the last project so that joining will go a little quicker.  Oh and yes, I will be making an official chart with the colour placement plan so that I don't get stuck with two colours together.  As with anything, there is always a learning curve.  Although my afghan wouldn't be winning any prizes at the county fair,  I have always wanted to make an afghan and feel really happy when I look at what I accomplished, little boo boo's and all.  ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

Jen


3 comments:

  1. goodness Jennifer this Is one gorgeous piece of art!! I love it and it looks beautiful laying there displayed on that bed!!!.....lovin the new blog name btw, suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, this looks just wonderful!!! I love it. I think it turned out beautifully. Do fret too much over your mistakes. Nothing is perfect. ;) It's a great learning experience. And when reading this, it made me think of this one artist (I can't remember their name) who purposely had a few minor flaws in their work. You know where your mistakes are, but everyone else doesn't necessarily see them. I can't wait to see how Lisa's afghan looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well given that my learning curve has me today starting my very first crochet stitches, I'm in awe of this project! Honestly, I think it's designed to be seen as a whole and any little thing you might change next time round wouldn't be noticed by a passer by at all. I think it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...