This afternoon I weaved in the last ends on my afghan and can officially declare this project done. Here it is.
And a close up.
It is the perfect size to hang on the back of a sofa ready for snuggling under while watching T.V. It's new home is in the basement but I took the photo upstairs for better light.
So if you look closely enough you may have noticed that in the end I did end up with two cream coloured squared together. Urghhh! I only noticed while doing my last bit of joining. I could have gone back and moved things around but decided to leave it as is. It is a good reminder that this was a learning project. Trust me, if you look close enough there are plenty of little mistakes. But as Susan says, in the end it all meshes together and looks fine. I am also not thrilled that my border colour is the same colour as some of my squares. The border got lost when a cream coloured square was on the outside edge. Oh well. I will take the things I learned from this one and apply them to the next.
This afghan is going to Lisa. She loves vibrant colours and will surely love this combination.
I may or may not add in two more colours for a total of eight.
Each square will be bordered with white so that when I join this one, there will be no stitches showing.
I have also already planned out its size of 11 squares x 8 squares. These squares will be one round larger than the last project so that joining will go a little quicker. Oh and yes, I will be making an official chart with the colour placement plan so that I don't get stuck with two colours together. As with anything, there is always a learning curve. Although my afghan wouldn't be winning any prizes at the county fair, I have always wanted to make an afghan and feel really happy when I look at what I accomplished, little boo boo's and all. ;)