Monday, October 27, 2014

One Fall Afternoon in My Backyard

Last night it started snowing.  We knew it was coming.  It usually comes much earlier than this.  It isn't that pretty sparkly dry kind of snow that comes with a sunny day.  It isn't cold enough for that yet.  It is the wet, mucky kind of snow that comes with a grey overcast day.  But, I plan on staying positive about this winter.  I strive to embrace each season with all it has to offer, the good, the bad and the ugly.  But on this somewhat bleak Monday morning I choose to remember the beautiful Fall we just experienced.

On this particular afternoon...

the sun was shining


and the leaves covered the ground.


There were red leaves


and red berries.


I happily noticed just how much corn the Blue Jays had been eating.  Last year not one creature discovered our fall time treat.


And the best thing in my backyard is happy pups!



Wishing you all a wonderful fall day wherever you are and hoping that the snow hasn't found you yet.  ;)

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Can I say, I am so glad the snow hasn't found me. LOVING these semi warm, sunny days. The snow is coming though. I was told by the people at the nature center on Friday, it is coming. Based on the birds they were banding, they could tell. There were a lot of Junco's being banded which is a sure sign they said.

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red berry picture is so lovely - you could make it into a Christmas card.

    And there I was thinking how cold it had got here! It's nowhere near cold enough for snow, Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are lovely. It's a very pretty day here in West Virginia-in the 30s this am and in the 70s this afternoon. The leaves are almost gone:( Cold weather expected Saturday. Our birds are back:) Thanks for the visits Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...