Tuesday, October 28, 2014

That 70's Tangent ~ Hoot Hoot

I have a new addition to my 70's kitchen decor thanks to friend and fellow collector of vintage goodness, Terry.  Terry was out thrifting North of the city last week when she came upon a beautiful owl napkin holder.  She texted a photo of it to Rob's phone asking if I would be interested in it for my collection. As soon as I saw the photo I was smitten.  Take a look.


Not only beautiful but functional too.  It's always great to have napkins handy at the dinner table.  This ceramic piece is hand done by someone.  Only wish there was a name on the bottom telling us who it was that sat in ceramics class decades ago finishing this little owl.


A new life will be given to this little guy for many years to come.  A big thank you to Terry for thinking of me and knowing my style so well.


I'll leave you with yes, another Ryan Gosling meme.  LOL  I just can't help myself.  I have found some really good ones of late.  This one speaks to those of us who love owls.  I'm guilty as charged!  ;)


Jen

2 comments:

  1. He's lovely and so "of his time". He has a look very similar to the owl we bought here with pocket money in the 70's , to go with a collection of little pottery animals. Wade Whimsys I think they were called and we used to save up for them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...