Sunday, November 9, 2014

Are We There Yet?

The first of 4 Banff Blog posts.

Rob and I recently took a trip to the mountains.  Oh Banff.  My favourite place to be.  This time I think that the getting there was half the fun.   It had been four years since we last went, but it always goes pretty much the same way.

Rob's the driver.  I hate driving.


This time I decided to get some knitting done.  I'm working on a scarf for a lovely young lady from WI but more on that later.  :)


We always stop in Red Deer at The Donut Mill for lunch.  It doesn't take us far off the highway so little time is wasted.


They always have a display of pinwheels for sale.  Great for young travellers and pretty for the rest of us to look at.


After Red Deer I go into full mountain watching mode so I put the knitting away.  I love driving into the mountains!  At first they are so far away.


Then we get closer...


and closer...


and closer,   until we are actually in the mountains.


And even when I'm not looking at the mountains, the view is breath taking.


And then, we are there.  More on Banff to come.  :)

Jen

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am so glad you had a good time. Love the mountain pics. Can't wait to see more. One day, I will see them for myself. A certain young lady had a big smile on her face when I showed her a peek of the scarf you are knitting. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...