Friday, November 28, 2014

In the Kitchen

Lately I've been scaring myself a little.  I've been hanging out in the kitchen.  Maybe it's something to do with the onset of winter and the need for comfort food.  I hauled out the avocado dutch oven circa 1970 something and my recipe for Hamburger soup.


It's my favourite soup recipe that I've been making for about 20 years.  It comes from a school recipe book that the girls' elementary school put out.  I always enjoy these cookbooks as they are usually easy and well liked recipes.


I have to say that I have been having fun messing up the kitchen...


and the fruits of my labour are yummy.


Jen


4 comments:

  1. Soup is so good on cold winter days. Warms you from the inside out. I love hamburger soup. I actually make Jo-Anna's recipe from the A Pretty Little Life blog. She lives up by you. :) http://www.aprettylifeinthesuburbs.com/hamburger-soup-an-easy-weeknight-meal/ I made it for the tax office, but they didn't like it. Everyone here does. Another good thing about soups, I don't have to make dinner the next night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very good. And so nicely styled with a 70's touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that photo! I want to sit down and eat that bowl of soup! Thanks for the sample. I'm definitely making it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I have that pan! Looks like a very tasty soup. Cooking is creating too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...