Saturday, November 22, 2014

Off the Needles

I've been busy knitting lately.  It always feels good to finish a project and get it off the needles.  As per usual, it's winter woolies.  This time it is for Michelle's cute kids.  Last year I made them each a pair of mittens.


This year I made Ben a new pair in a different colour.


Brit expressed the interest in a scarf to match last year's mittens.  So I knit her up my all time favourite scarf pattern.  I figure that it is "style approved" since I have made the same pattern for trendy Diane and her equally trendy friend Candice. I didn't want to knit something "old lady-ish" for a teenager.  ;)


Then I made Brit another pair of mittens just so her set is brand new.


Today the woolies began their 7 - 10 day journey to WI.

Next up on the needles... a pair of mittens in the colour "aqua" for a friend.

Jen

4 comments:

  1. Nice. :-) There's nothing better than the feel of a brand new pair of hand knit mitts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the kind of gifts I love the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids and I are so excited to receive them! We are so so grateful for the new mittens and scarf. Homemade gifts are the best. Thank you so so very much, Jen. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...