Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Power of Pillows

Whenever I am in the mood for a little colour change in the decor I turn to pillows.  They really are an economical way to add a little change and pop of colour to any room.  I have had blue accents in my bedroom for about 10 years now.  I am all about a plain white quilted bedspread and this look has seen about three different blue pillow arrangements.  Well, I decided the other night that I am over blue.  My house is a gold house and so I decided that yellow was the pop of colour I needed in the bedroom.

Off I went to Pier 1.  They always seem to carry very warm colours.  I was thrilled when I found this baby, on sale no less!


I love the stitched border and those buttons just make me happy.


I picked up the cream feather filled pillow at HomeSense to layer it up and add a bit of warmth to the white bedspread.  I love the tone on tone look of white and cream mixed.



And while I was on my pillow hunt I found this lovely for the living room at Urban Barn.  Knit and gold,  yes please. ;)


Looking at it, I have decided that I could knit this pillow myself.  I will be on the lookout for a pattern and when this pillow gets ratty looking,  I hope to knit my own and use the same inside insert.

Oh the power of pillows, not only a soft place to fall but the ultimate decor item too.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. ...and why wait? If you see some beautiful just right yellow gold wool, buy it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pillows. I just bought some feather filled ones for my living room. Got rid of the other ones. I am turning into a pillow snob and will only buy the feather filled ones, as the fiberfilled pillows don't last as long. You can't fluff them back up.

    I have to tell you as well. Brit was raving about how much she loves her mittens the other day. She said she would like to learn to knit so she can have a grey scarf to match. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...