Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Santa's on His Way

I'm thinking that by now Santa and the elves have packed the sleigh, the reindeer have been watered and fed and the big journey is about to begin.  I remember the excitement of Christmas Eve as a child.  Laying in bed and wondering what I would find in my stocking that hung on my bed post and what gifts I would find waiting for me under the tree.  As a mother, I got to enjoy it all over again through the eyes of my girls.  Lisa was the calm one.  Just taking in every minute of it and enjoying the moment.  Diane... not so much.  There were usually some tears before sleep would finally come to her.  That worry that she wouldn't get to sleep in time, Santa would arrive, find her awake and then leave without dropping off the goodies.  Yeah, I think that if Elf on the Shelf was around back in the 90's it would not be a good idea in our house.  Diane would view that little elf as a total enemy watching her every move only to report back to Santa.  Lisa would have loved it and would be outwitting that little elf every step of the way.  LOL



Thank you to all of you who visit my little blog and for the lovely comments that I receive through the ordinary days.  I wish you all a wonderful holiday surrounded by the people you love with only laughter, smiles and happiness.


Merry Christmas!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Jen. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting you had an awesome family time xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...