Monday, February 16, 2015

Postcards, Pom-Poms and This & That

It's been awhile since I posted.  Things haven't really been busy around here but sometimes it just seems like there really isn't much to blog about.  Here's whats been going on.

I've been receiving some happy mail thanks to Sian's Valentine's Postcard Exchange.  There is something so great about sending and receiving postcards from different parts of the world.  Yay to snail mail!


I've been on a hat making tangent and it is all about the pom-poms.  Here's one of my favourites.


And a little stash to keep me inspired to keep on knitting my charity hats.


On the green living front,  I think I was in heaven when I accidentally discovered an environmental boutique called Carbon, in Edmonton.  This place carries everything non-toxic from cleaners to make-up, from mattresses to paints and floor coverings and from candles to coffees.  I could have spent hours in there.  I discovered a new cleaning brand called Sapadilla.  It is made in B.C. Canada.  All natural with natural essential oils like rosemary and peppermint or grapefruit and bergamot.  They smell amazing.  The best part is that you can bring in your own containers and have them filled from their bulk section.  You save some money doing it this way too.  They are really big on using mason jars in many ways.


And finally, in an attempt to feel a tiny sprig of spring, I found these two tea towels at Crate and Barrel.  I am somewhat addicted to their beautiful tea towels and have more than any person could possibly use.  I think it might be the colour and pattern that sucks me in.


Hope you are all having a good Monday.

Jen

3 comments:

  1. I'm delighted that your postcards are arriving :)

    I love the smell of grapefruit and would love to use those cleaning products..they'd definitely make lighter work of the cleaning round here.

    Gotta love a pompom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well lots of cheery things happening around you. That hat is fab!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...