Saturday, April 18, 2015

This & That

I've been MIA lately.  There hasn't been any scrapping going on but there is lots of scrappy stuff in the works.  My LSS in Sherwood Park is closing next week.  No worries.  The one in Edmonton that I adore is still going strong.  But I do love a bargain and so I have been popping in to look for deals.  The older stuff is on at 50% off.  Since I haven't bought much in the past couple of years there was lots that was new to me!  They also have a section with 70% off which they are continuously putting stuff into.  It really keeps a person going back.  ;)

I got my hands on a very vintage stash of BG "LilyKate" papers.  Just 5 sheets but this lead me to deciding that it was high time to organize my two bins of vintage BG by line.  It was quite the task but I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of those amazing patterns.  BG is always a classic.  I combined lines that pair so well together.  Hopefully this organization will encourage me to use some of this up.


Then there have been some new purchases too.  October Afternoon's "Saturday Morning" called my name as well as Crate's new "Confetti" collection.  I couldn't pass up a few bits from Studio Calico's new dog line, "Baxter".  Too cute!



The big score for me from this CHA was getting my hands on Shimelle's new line, "True Stories".


I was disappointed that I had to buy the paper pad which gives you 2 each of 24 different single sided sheets.  It is much better to be able to buy the sheets individually where you get 24 double sided sheets giving you the often more calm "B Sides", as well as the choice of 48 patterns.  Being the weird paper hoarder I am, I had to research what I was missing in the line!  In the end I gathered this pile from my existing stash that totally goes with the line.  Crisis solved!  Yeah, no paper shortage
here.


I have also been gathering supplies for a mini album that I plan on making in May.  I'm taking an on-line course.  More on that later.  Needless to say, I am on scrappy supply overload.  I'm well stocked and can now wait for some of the new stuff to become outdated so I can pick it up for a steal.


So you know you are in total scrappy mode when a small pile of yarn scraps suddenly looks like a great colour palette for a page.


On the knitting front I have started this little baby blanket that fits perfectly over a carseat.  Now I just have to find a baby who needs it.  LOL


A lovely part of my week was receiving these flowers from Rob.  It was such a nice surprise!


I tried my hand at taking a close-up.


Then Rob came home and saw the opportunity to put his latest macro class knowledge to work.  Yeah, I lose all photography competitions now.  LOL


And finally, tonight I found this on my doorstep.


We have an upcoming provincial election.  Evidence of a brilliant campaign idea.  If politicians can kiss babies, why not give family dogs a bone cookie?  Hmmm will it buy the PC's a vote?  ;)

Wishing you all a great weekend.

Jen

3 comments:

  1. What an enjoyable post. I'd love to come visit your LSS with you..though we might end up fighting for the last few sheets, because I always agree with your choices! I like the look of that knitting pattern book..a lovely idea. We have an election coming up here too, but I've never seen any dog chews as part of the election material..that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those yarn scraps look delicious, the baby blanket is SO cute (wish I knew a baby to knit for) and that flower photo is beautiful...(Rob's I mean, sorry Jen...he wins for sure) LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, fab flower snapshots - so pretty. After the CK convention I was restocked as well after a small hiatus from buying, but still at least one CHA release behind. However, I did find a new scrapbook store to replace the Archivers that I once so loved. It is not here in town, but on the way to see my family in Illinois, which is probably safer. I have been tempted by the same lines as you, but the newest thing I purchased was Simple Stories I am. And I agree that double-sided sheets are better than paper pads - because I rarely every design in a line. I need to try and match up some of my older Basic Grey lines and some MME lines too - I have abundant supplies in those both. Well, I'm chatted on a long time. Good catching up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...