Monday, April 13, 2015

Who Knew?

Yesterday I sat down to create some cards.  Who knew that it could actually be enjoyable?  It was the first time ever that it didn't feel like a chore.  I struggle with cards.  It's the tiny canvas.  So intimidating.  For this reason, I usually buy card kits.  My LSS puts together amazing kits.  They are a treat to buy but they are pricey.  I understand this, as you are paying for someone's talent in designing them, as well as all of the timely preparation work that goes into them.  As much as it is fun putting the cards together, there is no personal creativity involved which makes it a rather unfulfilling task.

The last kit I bought, I realized that the main paper for the cards came from a mix of papers from a 6x6 pad along with a sheet of 3x4 cards from the main line.  I had an aha moment that this would be an amazing way to create cards easily.  The next time I was at the LSS, I picked up just this, in the Carta Bella "Yesterday" collection.  Then for inspiration, I looked at a variety of cards that I had previously made from card kits bought at my LSS.  This model to follow took the scary out of the process but it was also creative choosing what would work with these papers.  I had so much fun!  I think I could actually get into this card making thing.  The key definitely is that "less is more".  Clearly this was the root of my troubles.  I don't do less on pages.  ;)  Here they are.




Now I just have to learn how to capture better blog photos of cards!  Wishing you all a wonderful week.  :)

Jen

2 comments:

  1. Nice cards! I especially like that last one with the sewing machine. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I think the smaller prints on the little paper pads make a real difference: I bought a couple of Studio Calico kits in a sale and that was how I really discovered the benefits of the little sheets of paper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...