Saturday, May 2, 2015

All Things Paper

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!  It's a happy day and one to celebrate our love of playing with paper.  I didn't actually scrap today but I did some shopping that celebrated my love of paper.

My favourite LSS in Edmonton always puts on an amazing sale to mark the day.  The entire store, with the exception of kits, is 30% off.  It is a great time to pick up some adhesives and embellishments that I might otherwise think are a little too pricey to be worth it.


Upon walking in the door,  I saw that they had the "May Kit" up for sale.  Considering how much fun I had with last month's kit, I decided to get it.  It is designed by Nadine, who is amazing!  These monthly kits are becoming a habit that I'm not sure I want to break.


The store was filled with ladies who were attending a crop that started at 9:30 am and goes until midnight.  It was fun to witness this passion of ours thriving.

Now onto the other side of my paper love.  I received some happy mail yesterday.  It was a letter from Susan,  sent to me in celebration of National Letter Writing Day.  It was such a fun surprise.  Snail mail really is the best.  Susan even sealed it with wax.  The sealer was a gift to Susan from me about 30 years ago and I have no recollection of where I found it.


Rob and I finally decided to check out Susan's favourite stationary store, "Stylus".  They cater to fountain pen users.  It is an amazing shop.  I came away with some wax and sealer stamps.  I'm very excited to give them a go and hope to start sending out more postcards and letters.


I'm all set for writing as I stocked up on my favourite turquoise cartridges for my pen.  All in all it was a day dedicated to the joys of paper!


Hope you all enjoyed your day.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. A scrapbooking store and a stationery store? Lucky you!

    I didn't get any scrapbooking done yesterday at all. We were partying

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what fun you've been having. Kits are a lovely habit, never to be broken, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...