Friday, June 19, 2015

Bad Blogger Bad Blogger

Yikes, it's been some time since I've popped in here.  It isn't for lack of creativity going on over here. I'm stuck in a paper kind of vortex and couldn't be happier about it.

Susan and I have started a mini album inspired by this album found on the Heidi Swapp blog.  We are following Lindsay's album very closely and then adding in a few pages along the way.  We are only one day in and have lots more fun ahead on this one.

Here's the title page.


One more fun embellishment page.  More on this later.


What has me really inspired is working on this baby!


It's my art journaling mini album based on a Studio Calico course by Tina Aszmus.  I've been working through the prompts and adding some stuff in that I have been saving up for some time in hopes of finally getting into art journaling one day.  The tiny 4x6 inch pages are really fun!

Here are a few of my favourite pages.


This page features a photo transfer technique using a laser printed photo, packing tape and water.


This page uses a vintage knitting pattern and a card found at the thrift shop.


This page features ephemera or journaling to represent each day of the week.


Some tiny pockets here to fill and a very elementary watercolour painting.  I'm no artist but it sure is fun to play.


Some washi tape love here.


This was my favourite prompt.  We had to empty our purse, take a photo of it and list what we found. After the photo was taken,  I cleaned out my purse.  LOL


Another tape transfer page using ephemera that came with the course, printed on a laser printer.


Some tiny photos of little Thomas documenting his love of Lego.


And lastly,  a butterfly transfer and a little photo.  I still have a few prompts to complete and then this book will still continue to be a work in progress.  I'll be popping things into it as I find them.

I have also been working lots on my Heidi Swapp Daily Planner.  I'll share some peeks from that soon also.

Hope you are all well and enjoying some creative time.

I'll leave you with a photo of Lady "helping" Susan type journaling on her vintage typewriter, last Tuesday.  Lady always NEEDS Auntie's love at the most busy times.


Jen


3 comments:

  1. Your art journal looks fabulous. There's something so deeply satisfying about having lots of pages all pulled together on those big book rings. I bet it feels amazing to flip through

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Jen!!!
    Glad to see you´re back on your blog!!!
    I´ve bben out of scrapbook for a long time,just knitting LOL
    But today I sat on my room and made a layout!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun projects! Very inspiring on this Monday a.m. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...