Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Best Kind of Garage Sale

My LSS hosted a garage sale this weekend.  People were invited to bring in items from their stash that they were wanting to purge.  I headed on over last evening to see if I could find some treasure.  I think that the best part was looking through table after table of totally different product.  You never know which table could have some hidden gems.

I was beyond excited to find some vintage BG for my "collection".  Yes, I really need to start cutting into it.  Remember this line... Urban Prairie.  I have used some of it in the past but am happy to use it again.  Very exciting that it is in it's entirety and even came with some brads and glazed brads.


Then there was some "Recess".  I only have a few sheets of this so was thrilled to have some of the more popular papers.  I have some plans for this line.  My brother-in-law just started driving a school bus this year.


Then there is Pheobe.  This one really dates back.  Some of the papers have really large patterns on them.  They will be a fun challenge to figure out how to use.


Romani must also be quite vintage.  Love this colourful palette.


These mini albums will come in useful now that I am all about the small canvas.


I also scored some Scenic Route.


Remember they were really into the big arrows.  Why doesn't any manufacturer bring this back?  I can't wait to use one on a page.


Then there are some items that I think are better left in the past.  haha  Yikes, these will be donated for some kids to play with.


I also found some newer items.  Here is some Crate Paper "Oh Darling" and some Project Life cards.



And a few more gems.



Who knew that Heidi Swapp was making acrylic letters as far back as 2005?  These are great in mini albums.


Lastly, I found some supplies that I can make some kind of December Daily with this year to record our Winter Solstice.  Not bad to be able to put together a mini for about $10!


It is always amazing to realize that one person's "junk" is another person's treasure.  I love the idea of one scrapper finding the old product that they have been searching for, while another scrapper finds a home for product that they have used enough of or that no longer inspires them.  It is a win win!

Okay, I'm off to admire my vintage BG again.  I really need to come up with some kind of scrappy challenge for myself to start getting these papers into my albums!

Wishing you all a fun summer weekend.  It is so hot here that sitting in the basement playing with paper sounds quite appealing.

Jen

4 comments:

  1. Awesome vintage BG! Especially the Urban Prairie line. It was so much fun to poke around at that sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vintage Basic Grey! I like their newer stuff but I LOVE the older stuff. I wish I could have gone to that sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a lot of fun..I bet I'd enjoy going to a sale like that with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks like quite the haul. Lucky girl. And I'm glad to see that there are old BG papers that I don't own. (wink, wink) I think every type of supply comes back into vogue again - like the acrylic letters, and don't forget the rejuvenation of epoxy stickers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...