Sunday, July 12, 2015

Dogs and Thrifting

I've been scrapping two of my favourite things in life.  I finally got around to scrapping a photo of one of my favourite dogs, Sadie!  She was our neighbour in the condo and we have minded her a couple of times when her humans went on holidays.  The Studio Calico "Baxter" line was the perfect fit.  I'm coveting these papers and plan on using every last scrap!





Next up is a very 70's page,  documenting my love of all things 70's.  I really do need to stop bringing stuff home from the thrift stores.  I've been doing a bit of a purge of books and clothing and a few household items, as of late.  Somehow I just can't seem to part with any of my 70's treasures. I love them all!  I'm torn between wanting a minimalistic decor style and being a crazy collector.  Two ends of the spectrum for me.  I guess I need to find my middle point somewhere in here.  LOL  I used Crate papers for this page.  Just went through my stash and pulled anything in a 70's colour to match my mushroom sugar bowl, which BTW holds no sugar but only tiny dog treats.



So I'm still organizing the studio.  In my hopes of using up more of my stash and brads in particular, I decided that I had to make them more user friendly.  My beautiful glazed brads sat all mixed up in four separate containers.  I thought that if they were organized by colour and placed on my desk, I may be more likely to use them.  So I picked up this cheap embroidery floss box at Michael's.


Oh they look so pretty sitting in amongst their own colour family.



I think I'll be putting some of these pretties on paper!


Jen

4 comments:

  1. WOW! ! Cool collection of brads!! Love your pages!! The dog is so sweet as is your crafty page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome container of brads! Nice pages and I'm loving all the buttons and the twine around the mushrooms. Scrappin' old school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great pages! I love the bright pops of yellow on your first page. And gosh, that mushroom with the twine is adorable. It's hard to devide those decorative brads by colour. I sure love all that I have and use them frequently. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this way of organising: I need to find more containers to put things in. Actually, I think I need you to come thrifting with me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...