Thursday, July 2, 2015

Old and New

I've been busy playing with paper.  My new acquisition of some vintage Basic Grey has me inspired to get some of these beautifully patterned papers into my albums.  I created two LO's using the "Romani" collection.

These papers are busy and it can be a bit challenging to keep things from getting super busy.  The white background helped on this one.  I really enjoyed punching out circular elements from one of the papers to create the little embellishments.




Here is the sketch I used from Scrapidees.



It's hard to believe that these papers are from the same line but yes, this is still the "Romani" collection.  To keep these old papers looking updated,  I mixed in current embellishments.




Here's the sketch for this one.  I think it is from Elle's Studio.


My original plan was to make July a month of scrapping vintage BG.  The plan derailed when I saw the new monthly kit at my LSS.  It's perfect for Canada Day photographs!


And so the old papers have been put aside temporarily.

I'll leave you with a photo of our latest house guest!  It's Lisa and Steve's dog, Sophie!


She is a beautiful little girl who is so well behaved.  She is a guys dog and so she follows Rob around constantly.  She passes me at the door upon my return to run and look for Rob. It is so funny because the girlies are mama's girls.  It's nice for Rob to be the centre of Sophie's world for the next week.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. That white background makes the fresh orange and green pop so beautifully. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pages!! LOVE the orange in the top one and the blue colors in the second!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...