Sunday, August 23, 2015

Mini Tag Album

I recently signed up for a mini album course through Studio Calico.  Maggie Holmes was the designer and we got to make this adorable mini album out of a variety of tags.  This was the perfect project for using the Fuse tool, as we custom sized Project Life protector sheets.  The Fuse is an amazing tool to have especially if you are into pocket pages.  Bring on the confetti pocket pages!  As far as the class goes, I didn't order the kit as I felt it was a bit expensive for what came in the kit.  I gathered my own supplies and made sure I had the patterned paper used in the kit.

I decided that the theme of my album would be documenting my walks.  So I took my camera along and took a variety of photos of us on our walking adventures.  Here's a peek of some of my favourite pages.


I love the way the album fans out.


Finally found a use for that plastic bird from Maggie Holmes "Confetti" collection.


Still loving my Martha Stewart's doilies.


Of course I had to get in a photo of the Alberta rose.


Did some heat embossing to copy a tag used in the kit.


I punched out circular elements from a cork patterned paper to duplicate the wood veneer in the kit.


This is my favourite element!


 A little pocket that holds journaling tags as well as a tiny album created with the Fuse tool.


So much fun!


Happy embellished tag.


The confetti pocket was created with the fuse.  Love how it is fused on an angle!  There is a tiny glassine envelope at the back that holds tiny photos.


Vellum envelope with sequins!


The last tag was the largest of the bunch.

This little album of memories sits in a book shaped tin, keeping it safe from dust and ready to enjoy for years to come.

My next mini album course with Studio Calico is designed by Marcy Penner.  I'm so excited to try to replicate her very minimal style.  I have been a huge fan for years even though it is the other end of the spectrum of how I scrap.

Jen

2 comments:

  1. It looks so completely touchable! I'm sure it's an absolute pleasure to flip through. Now I'm looking forward to seeing your Marcy album. I'm a big fan too. She combines colours so beautifully and has such a light touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...stunning mini album Jennifer. Gorgeously embellished and I love your stitching...such a neat touch to the pages.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...