Friday, September 18, 2015

Wrapping Up the Summer Photo Challenge Mini Album or Not

I thought that I had finally finished putting together my teeny tiny 4x4 album with my photos from Rinda's Summer Scavenger Hunt.


As mentioned previously, I found all of the photos with the exception of finding three flags on one flag pole.  I figured that maybe in Canada we have so much space that we have the liberty of using three separate poles to fly three flags.

This is how I recorded not being able to find this photo.  Just like in our old yearbooks when a student was absent on picture day.


Then the other night while coming home from Edmonton on a route that we travel often, you'll never guess what I spotted blowing in the wind... a pole with three flags.  It was off in the distance in an industrial area.  We left the main road to get close to the flags.


Now I'm not sure if my finished mini album needs an appendix!  This isn't the first time I have had this thought regarding my album.  Here's the photo that I found for the "turtle" prompt.  It's a lawn ornament in my neighbourhood.


I was quite happy with it.  It had been documented in my album which was still a work in progress at the time.  But let me backtrack for a moment.  On a Sunday afternoon last February at our local Starbucks we came upon a fellow walking his turtle through Chapters.  It was the strangest thing to see since this was a really big turtle.  Who let him in the mall and how did this guy get this creature from the car and into the store in the wintertime no less?  The owner was quite evasive.  All we learned about this turtle was that he was 14 years old.  This summer when we saw the turtle prompt on the scavenger hunt, Rob and I said that it would be so great if we ran into that guy with his turtle again.  Well, we did!  It was on a Saturday afternoon in late August.  We were on the West end of Edmonton of all places.  Here came this beautiful creature again, headed towards another Chapters.  I just love his ruffle!


This time we got out of his owner that the turtle's name is Franklin.  He also told me that his turtle is the most attractive turtle in the world.  I'll give him that.  After all, my heart tells me that Lady is one of the most attractive dogs on the planet when clearly I know that she is not.  ;)  Plus... Franklin has that ruffle!

So I guess my finished album needs a few more pages.  These photos along with the story are too good to be forgotten.  I love the fun that the summer photo challenge provides us with.

Here are a few photos of my favourite pages in my unfinished album.  I have to give inspirational credit to the very talented Kim Jeffress.  I was totally inspired by a tiny album that she created for the Heidi Swapp blog.  I love her ideas that make albums so interactive!  I encourage you to check out her blog here.


This hello piece was cut out of an acetate sheet from Crate.


I cut up a 4x4 card to fit into the 2x2 pockets.


Project Life cards work great in these 4x4 albums.


I used The Fuse to create this long confetti pocket.


The bottom section of this card was made using my Cuttlebug. 


This was attached with The Fuse.  Such an amazing tool!


I cut off 2 of the 2x2 squares to add a smaller page in the album.


The perfect sentiment for a scavenger hunt!

I'll be back soon with another 4x4 album to share.  I have actually been doing crafty things but just not quite getting them on the blog.  Bad blogger!  ;)

Jen


6 comments:

  1. What a super fabulous mini. You've reminded me that I need to work on my hunt photos as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute mini album! That turtle is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is so lovely! I'm going to have to think about setting aside some time to make an album like this with my photos. It's just the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mini is fabulous!! I love the interactive elements. You are really making me want to dig into my scrappy stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini album is gorgeous Jennifer. I have never considered doing a photo challenge let alone scrap it. I am thinking of doing a photo a day mini of our vacation,but wemare on dayn3 of our 14 days and I haven't touched my camera :-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super fun album!! Now I wanna do a photo challenge too!:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...