Friday, October 16, 2015

Getting Ready for Halloween

I figured that it is high time that I pop in here and say hello.  Time is getting away on me.  We are having an amazing Fall.  Maybe once our weather turns I will be more focussed on getting back to this much ignored blog.

Our spooky night will soon be upon us.  I love Halloween!  I love seeing the childrens' costumes and enjoy their excitement for the night.  This year I am being a bit lazy.  I usually put together bags but this year I am giving out chips and gum.  We have many older Trick or Treaters, so we will have cold cans of pop ready for thirsty teenagers.

Diane and I got together to do some Halloween crafting.  We decided to make some Heidi Swapp Marquees.  We decided to tape the outsides...




and glitter the interior.  After all, Halloween is all about tacky decor!



I'm not a huge fan of working with glitter.  I hate the mess.  I knew I was in trouble when Diane announced, before we began, that she was happy that we were doing this craft at my house.  Urrrghhh  I am still finding orange glitter in my kitchen!

They are easy to put together...


and look really great when they are lit up.


Here they are shedding their last bit of loose glitter.  Now I just have to remember to get some more batteries so I can light up my ghost.


I don't think I'll be making any Christmas Marquees... unless we do them at Diane's house this time!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. They are very cute. We went out today looking for a few new Halloween decorations but everything we saw seemed too scary! Seriously! We get a lot of very little Trick or Treaters and the stuff in the shops this year seems gruesomely frightening. What you made would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your marques are so cute...and a lot of work (and glitter :-P) I can't see myself making those so kudos to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them!
    She is very smart.... glitter can find it's way into every nook and cranny. Never mind the glitter you likely found in your underwear. (or is that just me)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...