Saturday, October 24, 2015

"Home for Christmas" with Kaisercraft

I'm back today to share what I created for my LSS, Treasured Memories, with Kaisercraft's newest Christmas collection, "Home for Christmas".  It is a lovely line with a classic Christmas palette.

Here's Thomas opening up a gift from me and Rob last Christmas.  He is a pro at pausing to get his photo taken while opening gifts.  It is the only way we get to share the moment so far away.


I used a sketch by Kristine Davidson out of her first eBook.

When you are an empty nester and there are no kids to take photos of during the holidays, you take photographs of the tree!  Last year I finally got the tree decorated to reflect our love of nature.  There are lots of birds and snowflakes and woodlands creatures.  I was really happy with the final outcome.  I am challenging myself to not buy one new ornament this year!  I'm not sure I will be successful.  I am a sucker for new ornaments and have actually already been looking at this year's supply at Pier 1.  I know it is crazy but I actually did go in looking for clearance Halloween decor and there was Christmas... in October!


Here's the sketch I used from Scrapidees.  Love this site even if I can't read french.


Okay, that's enough Christmas talk for now.  It's time to scrap some fall photos with this month's kit from my LSS!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!
    Looove you're xmas layouts! Every detail and love you put in it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..and what a beautiful tree it is too. Well worth a picture and a page. And I love the thought of Thomas stopping helpfully for a picture. I think he'll love looking back at those pictures in years to come. Christmas morning pictures and videos are the most commonly requested here when we are taking a trip down memory lane.

    Beautiful pages, both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas layout! Kaiser craft has such gorgeous papers! I just worked on a Christmas layout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful, Jen. I have been eyeing ornaments as well. Funny how I spot all kinds of things for everyone else. I've seen lot of pretty birds for your bird tree. ;)

    I also take pics of my trees each year. I have multiple as the kids each have one. LOL I bought one for the basement with teal, brown, cream and gold ornaments as Greg promised it would be all painted by xmas. Didn't happen, or won't be happening this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented at adding so many bits and pulling off a coordinated look. Fab pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages Jen...you always showcase your patterned papers to perfection. I just adore your style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning pages!! Loving all the different patterned papers you used!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...