Friday, November 13, 2015

$2 a Ball ~ Yes Please!

Oh I love a bargain.  Yesterday I went over to Michael's to mill around when I spied the big bin of bargain wool!  Every few months they go through the yarn and gather all the balls with mangled ball bands and tangled fibres, throw them in a huge bin and sell them for $2!  It is always fun to dig deep down into the bin to see what treasure might be found.  Here's what I found.

This is for Rob's mother for her mittens that she knits for charity each year.  Yes, even those huge balls of yarn were only $2!


This sock yarn is for Susan.  Imagine making a pair of socks for $2!



Here's what I found for me.  The two plum coloured balls will make a chunky cowl.  This yarn is 20% real wool and is so much fun to work with because it knits up so fast.  The variegated yarn will make a hat for charity.  I think it is a real wool blend.  It is so soft.


Let the knitting needles begin to click.

On a very serious note, my heart goes out to the people of Paris tonight.  The images we are seeing on the news are horrific.  It is all so sad.  Our world has been shaken once again.

Jen

3 comments:

  1. I found a variegated skein (do they call it that??) of yarn. It is rainbow colored. I bought it for Ben to use on craft projects. He saw it and immediately wanted to learn how to make a scarf. Any recommendations of good videos/sites as this mama does not know how to knit or crochet. It (the yarn) was even made in CA. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see when you find a good bargain! That's a great price for a pair of socks.

    It's just so very very sad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...