Saturday, November 21, 2015

Kaisercraft ~ "Sail Away"

I have been doing some more designing for my LSS, Treasured Memories!  My last mystery bag of goodies to create with included "Sail Away" from Kaisercraft.  It is a new summer line out.  Keep in mind it is an Australian company and they are heading into the warm part of the year!  This is a beautiful line with a nautical feel, but it can also be used for basic summer fun.  Good thing since I live on the prairies where water isn't our best resource!

When I first saw the collection with all of the compasses and navigational elements, I though of photos that I had of Susan and Rich geocaching.  It was the perfect line!  In this LO it was really fun to use that large circular compass diecut.  It has been far too long since using large circular elements on pages.  I loved it back in 2010 and Kaisercraft seems to be bringing this style back.


This old sketch by Julie Bonner was perfect.


Well, I couldn't play with this line without using it for something nautical.  Luckily I had a beautiful photo taken at the Victoria Harbour last April when we visited.  It was the perfect fit!  I really enjoyed using the ephemera pack with this collection.  There was so much in it and it was excellent for layering and scattering throughout the page.


Here's the sketch I used by Laura Whitaker.


Next time I'll share what I created with the new BoBunny collection, "Love Lace".  It is very vintage and elegant.

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend.

Jen


2 comments:

  1. I love all things nautical and beachy...so I love this. I adore the large compass on your first page, so perfect for geo caching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your use of colour and what really stand out for me here is the pairing of the black and white photos with that beautiful blue. It's so striking.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...