Saturday, November 28, 2015

Maggie Holmes ~ "Shine"

So I have to confess that I am totally addicted to all Maggie Holmes paper.  There is a certain excitement when a new line comes out.  The weird thing is that they are all very similar and yet just different enough to catch my interest and get me to want to play with it. I also love how all of the collections coordinate so well with each other.  It makes using up scraps a breeze.  I was pretty excited when Treasured Memories asked me to design two pages for the store with it!

First up is this photo of Andrew and Chantal.  Rob shot it on old style film and developed the negatives with Andrew.  He loved the process.





I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers.  It's #196.  I'm being lazy in not posting the sketch.  ;)  I purchased Kristine's file of all of the sketches and love having them printed out and compiled in a binder for easy usage.  So much easier than searching the internet.

Next up I wanted to show how this collection is not just for girls.  At first glance the Maggie Holmes lines do seem feminine but if you really fine tune your paper selections you can scrap a boy!  Of course I scrapped Thomas.  I love this photo of him.




I used another one of Kristine Davidson's sketches from her eBook Volume 3.

Hope you are all having an enjoyable weekend.

Jen

5 comments:

  1. Two amazing pages with fantastic products!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pages! Can't believe they are made with one and the same collection! They are so different! LOVE them both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have pulled out those blues and yellows for the second one. There are certainly some lovely pieces in her collection and of course I always enjoy your choices

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer...both your pages are gorgeous. I love all the bits and bobs that you added as embellishments. It is wonderful if collections mix and match...it just goes so much further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both fabulous - I especially love that Maggie collection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...