Friday, December 11, 2015

Twinkle Twinkle

The countdown to the big day is on.  Historically we get the tree up at the beginning of the month.  This year we are behind schedule.  It might have something to do with our very mild winter weather.  It really doesn't seem like Christmas is just around the corner.  Well, today we got it together and put up two trees!

The little bird tree has grown into a 7 foot pencil tree!


I love that it is so narrow that it fits in my front entrance.  The best part was that I had more space for more bird ornaments.  What can I say, I really love bird ornaments!  I bought a "blanket of snow" at Michaels to cover the stand.  It didn't take the two bad dogs long to get into it and bite huge chunks off.  I'll have to see how it goes and may have to change it out for something less tempting.

This little ornament that belonged to either my mother or father (I wish I knew and there is none to ask anymore) sits on the top branch.


The fat tree is sitting in the basement.  We will enjoy it more in this area this year since we spend more time in the basement after removing the television from the upstairs living room.


This little ornament is one of my favourites.  It was from my Granny White when I was a little girl.  It was part of the gift decoration and sat on the outside of the package.  Not sure what the actual gift was but this little one has stood the test of time.


Now it's time to wrap some gifts and get them sitting under the tree!  Hmm Maybe tomorrow.

I'll leave you with a few photos of the Lego Boys who are still enjoying their advent calendars.  These photos make me laugh.





Wishing you all a fun weekend doing happy holiday stuff!

Jen

2 comments:

  1. I love the bird tree! What a neat idea (and excuse to have 2 trees ;D) My parents had a bunch of bird ornaments on our family tree growing up, so I've carried that over into our tree every year. They made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about the Lego boys. I so want to do this with Little E next year!

    And of course I love reading the story behind your decorations too. that elf is a special one

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...