Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello... It's Me

I'm back!  Not that I was ever really gone.  Time just gets away on me sometimes.  So here's what's been going on.  The holidays came and went.  We celebrated Winter Solstice so we got to be with all our favourite people and it made Christmas day less of a rush for the girls.




Christmas day was quiet and I'm fine with that. Rob had eleven days off from work and it was really nice to have him home.  Then came New Years.  Well we were in bed by 11:56 pm but we did hear our community fireworks go off at midnight.  Does that count as celebrating?  LOL  As with each new year comes resolutions.  I love the feeling of a fresh new year and all of the possibilities that come with it.  One of my personal goals is to stay away from the restaurants and to spend more time in my kitchen cooking.  So far so good but we are still fresh into the year.  Then I found this resolution that I am definitely going for and I think I can achieve it too!


Next up was planning Diane's bridal shower.  We held it yesterday and it was a really nice time.  I had planned on taking photos of some of the decorations but time got away on me and the event was over before I knew it.  I did manage to snap a couple of photos in a rush and in bad light.  I guess I will just have to remember this one in my mind as I saw it with both my eyes.


Now there is a bit of a lull before the wedding day on January 30th.  We do have yet another dress fitting this week.  Diane's dress has been the dress from hell.  This will be our eighth trip to the shop.  The shop has been amazing.  It was a manufacturing issue.  Do you know how hard it is to see them totally cut open the lace while it is on the bride?  Diane shed a few tears and I tried not to gasp too loudly.  But the seamstress is a miracle worker and things are finally looking good.  When they made cuts on the next trip we were troopers!

There has been some crafting going on in the evenings.  I've managed a few knits for next year's charity pile.


The mittens were a new pattern done on double pointed needles and knit in the round.  I'm not a fan and have gone back to knitting them on two needles and seaming them up.  Here's what I'm working on now.


I've been doing lots of chunky knitting.  This wool brand and these huge needles have made a number of cowls as of late.


I have none to show.   They have all been given away and I even managed to sell two!  I think I might be a professional now.  ;)

This is my latest wool purchase.  Soon it will become a hat.  I saw a creation on Instagram that I am going to try to recreate.... I hope.


On the scrappy front, I did spend a day in my favourite room of the house,  last week.  I made three pages for Treasured Memories.  I'll be back really soon to share them.

Wishing you all a wonderful 2016!

Jen

3 comments:

  1. A very Happy Year to you too!

    All the wedding preparations sound very exciting. A bit emotional, too, though, I expect.

    You've managed a lot of knitting in between. And a couple of sales! Hand knitted socks go for big prices on etsy: I couldn't believe it when I looked. Maybe there's room for you too on there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...now you know why I would like to take photos with my eyes...it would be such a neat super power :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely catch-up post. And I can imagine the trepidation of watching even an experienced seamtress cut into the wedding gown - yikes. Glad it is working out in the end.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...