Tuesday, August 23, 2016

It's a Happy Day When...

... Treasured Memories puts on their blog that they have just received 34 boxes of American Crafts product.  These days, most of the lines that I really love are manufactured by American Crafts.  So off I went to the store to see all of the new goodies.  These days I try to shop a little more wisely.  I'm trying to not hoard paper but to rather buy what I will use in the very near future.  I rather use supplies when I am still really inspired and excited by it. If it hangs around too long it might end up getting donated. Well, my plan of just buying a taste kind or derailed with a couple of the collections. Here's the haul!


Lucky for me, I was able to use my 25% off birthday discount that comes with my yearly membership at the store.  It was a great day to use it.  Tuesday is also double stamp day and so my purchase filled up one card which is valued at $15 as a member.  I was able to use it today.  My LSS has some really great deals for customers.

Here's a peek at the individual collections.

Oh Shimelle!  Here is "Go Now Go".  This collection really had me.  I looked at each sheet of paper trying to choose only the awesome ones and ended up only leaving a couple from the collection behind!


Crate's "Cool Kid" was on my want list.  I love everything about it and it is going to be awesome for scrapping Thomas.  I have a series of fishing photos that I am itching to scrap.


Pink Paislee's new Paige Evans line is beautiful.  I bought a small selection of the papers.  I love that they brought out more of the mirrored titles.


"Saturday" by Dear Lizzy is really great.  It is a step away from her usual colour palette that dominates with mint green and peach.  The ephemera pack is terrific.


We R Memory Keepers collection "Urban Chic" is really pretty.  There is a really awesome dusty mauve in the palette.  I only bought a few sheets and some tags and will do a page of one of the girls. It is a really feminine line.


Lastly, I bought some of Jen Hadfield's "Warm and Cozy" collection.  It is so subtle and muted with greys and browns.  There are some awesome background friendly sheets too and an amazing cut up sheet.


So I've finished drooling over it and enjoying that "new paper" smell.  Am I the only weirdo that enjoys this?  I am grateful to have all of these amazing supplies to keep me busy playing with paper.

I'll leave you with a peek at the rainbow scarf that I knit up for my charity knits.  The fringe was really fun to put on!  I knit most of the weekend since Rob was working 12 hour night shifts.  It has been about a decade since he has and I think he might have to recover now.  The bags under his eyes have four layers.... no kidding!  LOL


Jen

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you make with all those lovely new things. Your scarf is gorgeous..especially that fringe, which is the perfect finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is one impressive haul. We don't see American Craft lines in SA unless it comes in one of my Hip Kits. Poor Rob...that is a long shift to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a haul - and yay for the birthday discount. I'm totally needing those Shimelle puffy hearts now! Enjoy your new goodies and that new paper smell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bunch of goodies!! I love that Paige Evans one. Your scarf is beautiful!! I hope Rob has recovered. I am sure he was exhausted.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...