Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Summer Photo Challenge

For the past three summers I have been playing along with Rinda's  Photo Scavenger Hunt.  You can see this  summer's list here.  Susan played along also and we had big plans for an 8x8 album with both LO's and pocket pages. I mean we had the supplies bought and gathered!  Then Heidi Swapp came out with her new memory albums and we knew that they would be perfect for this challenge.  The best thing about this album was that it left lots of room to tell the story.  After all, that is what all of this memory keeping is all about.

Before I show you my favourite pages,  a couple of things.  First off,  I forgot to save the original photos so I am unable to share all of the photos that I captured for the hunt.  :(  Secondly and more importantly... anyone who has been following my blog knows that small canvases scare me some.  Well, that and wet mediums too.  ;)  This album was definitely tiny.  So I have to give a huge shout out to the Heidi Swapp design team for their inspiration and sometimes just flat out copying! I poured over all of their beautiful albums that showed such inspirational ways of using this album.

Here are some of my favourite pages.  Oh yeah, I used a mask and texture paste and it's official... I still hate using sticky messy stuff that I have no control over.  Okay, I'm just a bit OCD.  ;)


















These cute little albums are available at Michael's and there is a variety of add on kits that have a variety of goodies as well as a stamp set.   I also added some other Heidi Swapp from my stash.  The only downside to working with this album was trying to hold it open as you worked.  It got worse towards the end of the album.

Susan and I have decided to play along with the challenge again next year.  After all, we need to make our 8x8 albums.... unless Heidi Swapp comes out with something new and amazing again.  ;)

Jen

2 comments:

  1. I like your album for the SPSH, it's quite a neat way to display & journal about the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutely compact way to keep the hunt photos together. It looks satisfyingly stuffed and a pleasure to hold in your hand now it's done

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...