Friday, October 7, 2016

When Did Scrapbooking Become an Extreme Sport?

So last night I was at my desk merrily scrapping away.  I'm designing the LO's for the November kit at Treasured Memories.  It is my favourite thing to do.  I love the challenge of taking a set amount of supplies and creating with every last scrap to highlight the awesomeness of these kits.  I become a hermit and scrap until the kit is done.  Well that all changed when I sliced into my fingertip with my X-Acto knife.  I had a feeling it might be a bit deep and brought the chunk of skin upstairs to show Rob and get some first aid.  An hour later and it still wouldn't stop bleeding and my finger felt like it had a heart beat so off to the hospital we went.  It was too shallow to stitch so they cauterized it and put some kind of special bandage on it.  Now I look like this.  :(


I have to go back tomorrow for a dressing change and am hoping that I come away with a little bandage that is more accommodating for scrapping.  It's my left hand so I probably could still scrap with it but for now I've just put it aside.  I think it is the first time that I have walked away from an unfinished page and it is killing me!  LOL All of the awesomeness is awaiting me.   I'm on the third page of eight.   Oh and there is the weapon just sitting there looking so innocent.


So I'm thinking of changing my cutting tool of choice.  I've cut my finger in the exact same spot before only not as much and I know it is just a matter of time before the blade jumps the quilting square again.  Susan's quilting days make a rotary cutter the perfect choice for her but I find them awkward.  I'd love to know what you all are using as a cutting tool and would welcome any suggestions.  Maybe some safely scissors like we used in kindergarten would be a good fit for me. ;)  Here's hoping I'll be back at my desk tomorrow.  Did I mention how great the November kit is?  ;)

I'll leave you with a photo of a little guy who is expecting a visit from the Tooth Fairy tonight.  It was 25c in Montreal today so she will have an easy flight.  Yeah, it is snowing here.


The actual tooth was lost but the teacher sent home a note to the Tooth Fairy.  So sweet.  He was given this tooth holder....


and replaced the tooth with a rock.  It works!  LOL  These stories are golden!

Jen

4 comments:

  1. I hope the finger's feeling better today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That sounds really painful. I hope it starts to feel better soon. I can remember when we were first married I tried cutting J's hair, to save money, and I snipped a chunk of skin out of my hand. I'm not usually squeamish, but something about that made me feel really sick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I hope your finger heals quickly! Perhaps scissors are a better option for you.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your finger is feeling better. I have that same knife. They can be deadly, especially if they have a new blade. I almost took off my pointer finger and ring finger on my right hand with a hedge trimmer 15-16 yrs ago. The bushes had grown together. I was trying to hold back the one, while cutting the other. I am not very good with my left hand with that kind of thing... obviously. LOL Greg has since banned me from all power equipment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...