So here they are in no particular order.
This is always the time of year that I tend to reflect and make a few goals. Not saying that I actually accomplish said goals ;) ......... but, I do believe that it is good to have goals, a planned path. So this is what has been rattling around my head.
- I am wanting to decrease the amount of LO's that I do. Yes, decrease. I have been on a major scrappy tangent for the past two years and have basically abandoned some of my other hobbies, namely, knitting, reading, cross-stitching and baking cookies. The cross-stitching may still be off the table due to decreased eyesight and I really should not bake too many cookies anyway as healthy eating is yet another one of my goals. But hey, don't we all say that every new year and then by about January 6th we are back to our old ways! LOL Anyway, I really do want to do more knitting and reading. :) I am also running out of space to house all these albums! How many albums will I have by the time I am a senior? Will my house look like one of those houses on "Hoarders"?
- I want to make all of this year's cards. No store bought and no more buying BG card making kits. I plan on making cards for all the celebrations, Valentines, Easter, Halloween etc.
- I want to get into making more mini albums with the idea of making some for gifts. Maybe I will try my hand at journals too.
- I also want to do less sketch challenges and design more of my own LO's. Having said this, I am planning on trying out for the next DT at The Scrappiest. I LOVE Liz's sketches and the fun vibe of Liz's blog is for me what scrapping is all about. I soooo want to be on that DT!!! :)
- My ongoing goal is to use up the stash and stop buying so much new stuff. I am never successful in this goal and shouldn't even voice it. If Susan is reading this she is probably rolling on the floor in a fit of laughter! ;) Having voiced this goal, I did receive a wonderful gift card to my favourite LSS from a certain sister of mine for Christmas!! Circa 1934 when are you coming to a LSS near me????? I NEED you!!!
So, wish me luck with these plans as I'll need it! LOL It will be fun to look back on this post next year and see how little I have accomplished but.... hey, it's good to have goals, right???? ;) I guess that my main goal this year should be to just have fun scrapping. The goal to have a portion of the day that I just escape into a solitary creative mode of pure happiness. The goal to create something that will preserve a memory of the simple everyday joys. I know that I did accomplish this as a goal for 2010. :)
Happy Scrapping!! Jen :)