Sunday, May 6, 2012

Fruits of NSD

Scrapping is a labour of love.  Nothing better than "National Scrapbooking Day" to get the mojo going and want to just jump right in and scrap!  There are so many challenges up and always some great sketches to be filed away for later use.  This happy day always makes me appreciate being part of this amazing community that spreads throughout our world.  I always feel so grateful to be able to connect with people so far away.   Today I can share two of the fruits of my labour.

First up,  I was anxiously awaiting the Friday night reveal at CSI.  Here is the lovely warm palette.

The perfect inspiration to scrap this photo of Lady and Rob having a Saturday morning cuddle.  I am pretty much "chicken dinner" on the weekend when "Poppy" is not at work.  Rob's love is always more appreciated than the love Lady can get from me at any given time throughout the week.  ;)


Evidence:  tissue paper border, flowers, leaves and bling.
Testimony:  I used the word "growth" as a jumping off point to journal about Lady's emotional growth.

Here is the sketch I used from Page Maps.  I love any sketch with that divided background.


Next up, I started playing with my BG "What's Up?" collection pack.  This was my favourite of the four new releases this CHA.  This LO is for a challenge at the BG blog to use flowers.


I was happy to document Maggie's easy going personality.  The running joke around here is that if there is a fire, I am saving Maggie first.  She is so easy going compared to the poodles of the house.  Something about that poodle personality makes them quite stubborn.  Maybe it comes with their higher intelligence.  Maggie's Bichon brain is not quite as efficient.  hee hee

This LO is based on a sketch from Becky Fleck that I found in a scrappy magazine.

I'll be back soon with another LO using "What's Up?"  I may be playing with this collection until it is done.

Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

7 comments:

  1. These are both so cute!! I love the warm color palette of the CSI case and you did it wonderfully. I had to chuckle at your comment about Maggie's Bichon brain. Both pages are wonderful!!! I hope you are having a good weekend and had a nice visit with your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages! I especially like "Saturday" since it features my favourite little dog! hee hee I love how you've picked such a variety of papers and made them work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo and feel good page featuring your loved ones on a day off. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann

    I love both pages and with the Saturday one I love sketches with the divided background and soft colors & lace doily with all the other sweet embellishments.

    Maggie is so cute looking and how I love pages full of flowers with the bright color red added. Both pages are so awesome.

    annsalert@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable photo on the first layout, Jennifer!! I love the predominant yellow on your page and the gray stripe you added in! And the BG is so fun on your second layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You nailed the CSI again...how cute is that photo of lady and your DH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to see your pups doing so well, especially little Lady! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...