Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cakewalk

As our weather continues to be scorching, I find myself hiding in the basement and playing with paper. Today I got into one of October Afternoon's newer lines, "Cakewalk".  More than just for documenting  birthday parties.

This first LO is a scraplift from Marcy Penner, but much more busy.  I will never be able to pull off the minimal look that I am so attracted to.  I also lifted the subtitle, "Us 2".  Yes it was a full on lift of Marcy's wonderful inspiration.  You can see Marcy's amazing LO here.

Here is my version.  I was happy to document the close relationship of Lady and Susan.  How gratifying to be so loved by an 8.4 pound poodle.  ;)  The journaling was a bit long so I have it hidden in a velum envelope.  I also mixed in some papers from Studio Calico and Crate, as well as the awesome Jenni Bowlin stencil.


While on the subject of Lady, I decided to scrap this photo of her gazing lovingly into the camera.


I used this sketch from Page Maps.


Happy Scrapping!!  Jen  :)

7 comments:

  1. Awwwww...my "cute" little "niece".

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hun !

    great to see ya scrappin' away ! a rare thing for me these days !

    & I read with shock down below that you're planning on moving again ! Life is an adventure for sure ! lol

    It's the best and worst of times for me over here.The very best things have left me with little time for crafting at the table - but that means I'm very much living a real life ! haha ! & the worst parts of my ife - some things just dont get better .... grrrrrr....

    Much love to you & Susan !

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute!!! I love all of your layering and the addition of all the bits. I have tried so hard to be able to do that.. it just doesn't work very well. It is warm here too. Been cool enough for a few days to turn off the A/C. That is about the change today. Temps are creeping back up into the 90's. I think we have finally finished all of the outside projects.. just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the letter stencil in your background on the first page, Jennifer! And great use of the flowers...love that they are scattered on your page! Great job with the sketch on the second page and I love the layered stars!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer, your pages are amazing! I've been staying indoors, too enjoy a very scrappy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Jennifer! I love your first layout and you made if very YOU. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...