Here's the pile of "stuff". Items on the bench will go to my favourite thrift shop who supports my community very well. The boxes on the floor contain lots of scraps, half used sticker sheets and embellishment odds and ends perfect for crafting. This will all go to my local Boys and Girls Club.
- I am so over bottle cap embellishments, 4" wooden doily veneers, loud SassaFrass Lass papers circa 2008 and most things vintage.
- I am still loving everything Studio Calico, most things BG and all buttons and brads.
- It is essential to use products soon after purchase while I am still loving them. Crafting with products that no longer inspire me, leaves me sadly uninspired.
- Items from the sale bin that I think I can figure out a use for eventually will ultimately end up being donated. Unless I have a clear plan and will use it very soon, I need to leave it in the sale bin for someone else.
- For me, collections are the bomb with very little waste and leftovers.
Now onto the "New" part of this post. It is that time of year again.... Winter CHA. It is my favourite CHA. It's the time of year where I feverishly look for all of the sneak peeks and reveals. Then I try to convince myself that there really isn't anything significantly new out there. At this point it is only window shopping. After all, this stuff won't be hitting the shelves until spring.
If there is one thing I learned from my failed No Buy Challenge of 2013, it is that if you don't rush out and buy it all right away, you will likely find most of it on sale at about 40% off six months down the road. I really didn't scrap that much last year and I bought much less than usual. I have lots of last winter's products waiting to be used. I will try to be shopping savvy this year and wait for clearance but we'll see how well I do when I see these goodies IRL. ;)
Here's what has caught my eye!
Studio Calico yumminess! "Wanderlust" and "Lemon Lush"